PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE ADIOS PLATFORM
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide you with our Services and to ensure continued access to our Platform, we collect various data from you. By using the Platform, you consent to provide us data in the ways listed below.
- Data you input. We collect the information that you actively input into the Platform:
- Adios Account data: We collect the data you provide to us when you create or update your Account. This includes your personal information (including your name, email id and your position at your organization) and information about your organization (including its name, description, country of origin, year of creation/incorporation, type of industry and number of employees). We may require you to share further information on a later date to confirm the veracity of your information or pursuant to any additional features added to the Platform.
- Feedback and other data: We collect and record: (i) any emails you write to us; (ii) the calls you make to our call centres and/or customer service personnel; and (iii) feedback or comments you provide to us on the Platform, including any crash reports and lag reports generated by you.
- Data collected from your use. We collect the following data generated owing to and pursuant to your use of the Platform:
- Platform usage data: We collect data on your interaction with our Platform, i.e., Platform access dates and times, features or pages viewed, crashes, type of browser used to access the Platform, and third-party sites or services used before or in the course of interacting with our Platform.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our Platform, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, serial numbers, browser type, mobile app, file names and types, and plugins.
- Cookies, log files, web beacons and tracking pixels: We also collect information through the use of “cookies”, “log files”, “web beacons” and “tracking pixels”, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the Platform to learn your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Platform. Log files track actions that occur on our Platform and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, and the date and time stamps. Web beacons, tags and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Platform.
- Information received from third parties. We may also be working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, technical sub-contractors, analytics providers) and may receive information about you from such sources. Such data may be shared internally and combined with data collected under Section 1.2 (Data collected from your use) above.
- USE OF COLLECTED DATA
The data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
- For enabling the Platform. We use the data collected to personalize, maintain and improve our Platform. This includes using the data to:
- Create and update your Adios Account.
- Provide our Services to you.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide you and improve our Platform, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems;
- Conduct data analysis, testing, training and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Compile, use and disclose anonymous, aggregated statistics, provided that no such information will directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- For enabling customer support and communication. We use the information to provide customer support and train our customer service executives.
- For marketing and outreach. We use the data we collect to market our Platform and our Services. This includes sharing your feedback and ratings for purely promotional and marketing purposes.
- For fraud detection and preventing misuse. We use the data we collect to detect fraudulent usage of the Platform and/or misuse of any of the features of the Platform.
- For legal compliance and requirements. We use the data we collect to address claims or disputes relating to the use of our Platform, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- SHARING OF DATA
We do not share any data collected from you with any third parties unless necessary. However, we may enter into data-sharing agreements or disclose the collected data in order to provide the Services to you. We have detailed the manner in which we share the collected data below:
- Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers to execute various functionalities of the Platform, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide you with our Services on the Platform.
- Change in Control. While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets, we may have to disclose our databases and information we have stored in the course of our operations.
- Law Enforcement. We may disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities (including payment fraud), security or technical issues; and/or
- protect against harm to our rights, property or safety, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- YOUR RIGHTS
It is important to us that you remain in control of your data. Please write to us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of your rights provided below:
- Right to rectification. If any data provided by you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, then you shall have the right to provide us with accurate, complete and up to date data and have us rectify such data at our end immediately. We urge you to ensure that you always provide us with accurate and correct information to ensure that your use of our Platform is uninterrupted.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to demand us to erase your data and we will do so without undue delay, provided that the data is no longer required by us and there is no legal requirement to retain the data. Do note that multiple legal bases may exist in parallel and we may still have to retain certain personal data at any time, despite your request to delete it.
- Right to confirmation and access. You can seek confirmation from us as to whether any of your data is being or has been processed. If we are processing such data, then you may ask us for a summary of such processed data. You also have the right to ask us for a summary of our processing activities.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may write to us to withdraw your consent to any specific data processing. However, please note that you may not be able to access certain parts of the Platform, as well as certain Services on the Platform if you withdraw your consent. Do note that despite your withdrawal request, we may continue to retain and store your data as provided in Section 6 (Data Retention) below.
- Right to opt-out. You may opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing emails from us by writing to us. You may also opt-out of receiving emails and other messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Platform. However, even if you opt out of receiving our promotional and marketing e-mails, we will still send you transactional messages through e-mails that may be required during your use of the Platform.
- DATA RETENTION
We shall retain the data you provide to facilitate your smooth and uninterrupted use of the Platform and to comply with applicable laws. We do not retain such data for longer than required for the purpose for which the data may be lawfully used.
- CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFER
Your data held by us may be transferred to other countries outside your residential country for any of the purposes described in this Policy. You understand and accept that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information it holds and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar processes. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for an exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
If we transfer your data to third parties for purposes stated in this Policy, we will use our best endeavours to put in place appropriate controls and safeguards to ensure that your data is kept accurate, adequately protected, and processed only for specified and reasonable purposes in a manner that is fair, transparent and has a lawful basis, and is stored for no longer than is necessary.
- DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to ensure the protection of your data. The transfer of data between your end device and us is generally carried out in an encrypted form. You can identify an encrypted connection for example by the lock symbol in the address line of your browser. If you communicate with us by e-mail, access by third parties cannot be ruled out. However, remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is entirely secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
We may from time to time send you Platform or Services related announcements when we consider them necessary and in your interest.
- GRIEVANCES AND REDRESSAL
We are committed to promptly address any grievances that you might have in connection with our use of any information that you provide to us. Accordingly, you may communicate any grievance that you might have by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Platform is directed to be used by adults (persons above eighteen years of age) only. If you are not an adult, while you may look at our Platform, you should not register or submit personal data to us. We or our associates /affiliates do not knowingly collect information from minors.